Tuesday 8 June 2010

Overwhelmed ... in a Good Way

This morning I received an email that made me do a double take. I seriously had to read it twice to make sure I hadn't misunderstood. Even now, my head is swimming from joyous shock.

I've been awarded first place in the Write On! Online query contest for May where I submitted my query for Pretty Girls Make Graves. I also won a gift certificate for iScript, but I don't even know what to do with that yet, lol. The funny thing is I entered this contest on a whim and then completely forgot about it. When you're used to rejection emails or stiff competition in online contests, you kind of don't put a lot of faith in just one contest. So I entered and then forgot. And wow, the results are overwhelming me.

I'm so grateful. May was an excellent month for me, because not only did I win this contest, but I also was named Honorable Mention in two Secret Agent contests on the blogosphere. It might be safe to say I'm on a roll!

10 comments:

Karen Jones Gowen said...

Congratulations!! What a boost!! Yay, *celebrating with you*

Dorothy Dreyer said...

Thanks, Karen. Perseverance, I'm telling you. *hands out party hats*

Stina said...

Congrats! And may the winning success continue. :D

Dorothy Dreyer said...

Thank you, Stina! *throws confetti*

Tahereh said...

OMG CONGRATS, LOVE!!

this is wonderful news!!!

WOO HOO!!!!!

Dorothy Dreyer said...

Thank you, Tahereh! I'm getting closer to my dream, yay! *hands out cake*

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Dorothy. It's always good to share good news.

Dorothy Dreyer said...

Thank you, Donna! :)

*turns up the music and starts to dance*

Anonymous said...

All the interviews you have here are fabulous! And a big congrats on winning! :)

Dorothy Dreyer said...

Thank you, Amanda! :)