Sunday 20 March 2011

Contests around the Blogosphere

I love contests. I win some, I lose some, but they're always fun to participate in. Not to mention they are great learning devices for writers.

Here are some writerly contests occurring at the moment. (Please read the pages linked carefully for rules):

OASIS FOR YA: Win a query critique or first page critique!

YA FANTASY GUIDE: Win a query critique from Tamar Rydinski of the Laura Dail Literary Agency!

FIRST LINE CONTEST: Win a query critique by agent Mary Kole or a 5-page critique by author Martine Leavitt!

SHOW ME THE VOICE: Win a 20-page, 10-page, or query critique from Natalie Fischer of the Bradford Literary Agency!

YATOPIA: Pitch contest judged by Ammi-Joan Paquette of the Erin Murphy Literary Agency.

There are probably more I've forgotten or missed, so feel free to leave me a comment if you know of any.

Good luck! :)

3 comments:

Brenda Drake said...

Thank you for mentioning my contest! :D

Dorothy Dreyer said...

You're welcome, Brenda! :)

Gina said...

Great post Dorothy! Perfect way to highlight some of those writerly contests around the web that may have been overlooked. ^_^