Wednesday 27 July 2011

Perfect Pitch Contest Mini Announcement

Guess who's got a birthday coming up. Okay, it's not until next month, but I thought I'd give you guys a heads-up, because I'm going to be holding a contest. A Perfect Pitch contest. This is a shout out to all unpublished YA and/or MG writers with completed manuscripts. The contest will be in Twitter Pitch style, meaning it can only consist of 140 characters in the comments of the official entry post (not this one), and will be judged by a spectacular literary agent, who will request the full manuscript from the winner. Who is the agent, you're asking? I'll keep that a secret a little bit longer and make the announcement closer to the contest date. But believe me—spectacular!

The contest's official entry post will go up August 18th (two days before my birthday), so get those Twitter pitches perfected and those manuscripts polished. You must be a follower of this blog and tweet or blog the contest, which you can do anytime between now and contest date.

(Just a suggestion: Practice your pitches on your blog or Facebook or wherever, then ask for critiques through Twitter with the hashtag #perfectpitch. Not necessary, but why not get help making your pitches as perfect as they can be?)

You've got three weeks. Go!

7 comments:

Elizabeth Holloway said...

This sounds awesome. I wish I had a novel ready for querying. :-( Maybe next time. Happy early birthday!

Lori M. Lee said...

Sounds awesome :)

Brigid Gorry-Hines said...

Neat! I will definitely participate. :)

CherylAnne Ham said...

What a great present! I wish my book was polished and ready to go. Best of luck to those entering.

K. L. Hallam said...

Sure will. Hey. Your birthday is Thessaly as mine--august 20!?

Dorothy Dreyer said...

Same as yours, August 20th. :)

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

WHOA! Too cool!