Tuesday 18 June 2013

Happy (Print) Book Birthday, My Sister's Reaper!!!

Something really cool happened today. When I checked my email, I saw I had a letter from Amazon. My copy of My Sister's Reaper, by Dorothy Dreyer has shipped! Since I was lucky enough to be Dorothy's critique partner well before she signed with Month9Books, I've already read the story, but that doesn't make me any less excited.

I can't wait to see how the book turned out. I want to feel the weight of it in my hands, smell the fresh paper, and marvel at the gorgeous cover in person.

There's nothing like holding an actual book. It makes it feel real,  like somehow the words being printed on paper and smooshed between two covers brings the story to life. And I am so stoked to know My Sister's Reaper is alive and really out there for anybody to read.

Congratulations, Dorothy! I am so happy for you!


Sixteen-year-old Zadie’s first mistake was telling the boy she liked she could bring her dead sister back to life. Her second mistake was actually doing it.


When Zadie accidentally messes with the Reaper’s Rite that should have claimed her sister Mara, things go horribly wrong. Mara isn’t the same anymore—Zadie isn’t even sure she’s completely human, and to top it off, a Reaper is determined to collect Mara’s soul no matter what. Now Zadie must figure out how to defeat her sister’s Reaper, or let Mara die … this time for good.

Yes. It is as awesome as it sounds. You can pick up your copy here!

2 comments:

Dorothy Dreyer said...

Yay! So excited! Thanks, Beth!!!

S.A. Larsenッ said...

So awesome!!! I've read the story and it's fabulous!