Tuesday 12 June 2012

The Booker Award

YA writer and blogger A.K. Fotinos-Hoyer surprised me this past weekend with an award. It's for book bloggers, and although I'm not a blogger who reviews books, I do blog about book launches and interview writers of all kinds. So thank you, A.K., for the wonderful award!

Here's what the Booker Award is about:



This award is for book bloggers only. To receive this award the blog must be at least 50% about books (reading or writing is okay)
Along with receiving this award, you must also share your top five favorite books you have ever read. (More than five is okay) You must give this award to 5-10 other lucky book blogs you adore.
 


Challenge accepted!


Here are my top five (though it really depends on my mood, lol):


  1. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by JK Rowling
  2. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
  3. Shiver (actually the whole series) by Maggie Stiefvater
  4. The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory
  5. Divergent by Veronica Roth
Okay, so I'm actually still reading DIVERGENT, but I'm loving it so much I just had to put it on the list. This was actually a hard list to make. There are a ton of books that I could juggle around for fourth and fifth place, but these books really gave me that feeling where I was completely lost in those worlds and didn't ever want to get out.

And now to pass on the award. Here are my picks:

Andye and crew at Reading Teen

Okay, I gave out twelve instead of ten, but I just couldn't bear to leave any of these great bloggers out. Be sure to follow and subscribe to them. And to the bloggers I've awarded, congrats and thank you for such wonderful book blogging!





3 comments:

Connie Keller said...

I've loved a lot of the same books that you have. But I haven't read Shiver yet. I must put it on my TBR list.

Gina said...

Aww, thanks Dorothy! *hugs* Congrats on the award and thanks for including me in the pass along. I'm honored...and LOVE the saying on the award! ^_^ Agreed on the other bloggers listed and on your list of books though I've only read the first of them (oops!). Happy reading AND writing my friend! Can't wait to see your forthcoming book!

Andye said...

Thank you Dorothy!!! That's so sweet of you to include us, I'm so happy you love the blog! Congrats on your win, and I think my favorites picks would be almost identical to yours. The whole HP series would have to go on top for me tho. And I'd have to throw in The Seven Realms series. LOVE.

Love your blog!!