Thursday 21 March 2013

Happy Book Birthday + Review of The Art of Wishing!

Today, I am pleased to announce the release of The Art of Wishing by my awesome agent, Lindsay Ribar!

He can grant her wishes, but only she can save his life.

Margo McKenna has a plan of attack for everything, from landing the lead in her high school musical to dealing with her increasingly absent parents. But when she finds herself in possession of a genies's ring and the opportunity to make three wishes, she doesn't know what to do. Especially since Oliver--not blue-skinned, not bottle-dwelling, but a genie nonetheless--can see more than what she's willing to show him. With one peek into her mind, he can see the wishes that even Margo herself doesn't know she wants.

But Oliver comes with more than just mind-reading abilities, a flair for magic, and the prettiest eyes Margo's ever seen. Someone from his past is hunting him--someone bent on killing him, along with all the other genies in the world, for the sake of honor. And as Margo soon discovers, it will take more than three wishes to save him.

A whole lot more.

Okay, two words: GENIES + kissing! I have never read a YA paranormal romance with a genie as the main love interest and I was so intrigued by the premise that I couldn't wait for my preordered copy to come in the mail. So, when Lindsay asked if I'd like to read the e-ARC, I jumped at the chance.

What can I say? I love this book, and I can't wait for the next in the series. It's well written and the pacing is fast and exciting. I kept turning those pages well after my bedtime, wondering what Margo would wish for next, who was Oliver running from, and when would they kiss again.

Margo is a smart, funny, likable character that jumped right off the page. She's real. She has flaws. But, what struck me the most is she's not a pushover heroine. She doesn't live and breathe Oliver, and she even tries to give him up a few times.

*record scratch* What?!?

Yes, a YA heroine who is willing to give up her dreamboat, wish-granting, genie boyfriend! (So much <3 for Margo!)

And Oliver... I just adore Oliver. There is a certain confidence about his character that was so fun to read. He likes his job, he knows he's good at it, and he loves seeing his masters happy with his work (especially Margo). Add in the extra suspense of him being the target of a genie-serial-killer, and you have one awesome read.

If you like YA paranormal romance or even YA contemporary, I highly recommend picking this one up. And if you are interested in reading more about Lindsay Ribar, she will be back on Monday, March 25th, for an interview!

You can pick up your copy of The Art of Wishing:
IndieBound
Amazon
Barnes & Noble




No comments: