Wednesday 7 August 2013

Book Excerpt: Immortals (Runes) by Ednah Walters

Today we have an excerpt from IMMORTALS, the newest book in the Runes series by YA author Ednah Walters. This series sounds amazing!

BLURB


Nothing can stop Raine Cooper when she wants something…


Raine finally knows that her gorgeous neighbor, Torin St. James, is a legend straight out of Norse mythology, and that her feelings for him are strong. Torin is crazy about Raine too, breaking the one rule he lives by: Never fall for a mortal. The problem is he no longer remembers her, his memories erased by Norns—Norse destiny deities—to punish her for defying them.


She will make Torin forget his one rule a second time and fall in love with her all over again.
But she quickly learns that well-laid plans do not work when dealing with deities and supernatural beings. Desperate, Raine makes choices that could not only tear her and Torin further apart, but lead to the destruction of everything and everyone she loves.




EXCERPT


“Have you seen Eirik?” I asked.

The smile disappeared from Cora’s face. “A few minutes ago. I left him with this group of new exchange students his parents are sponsoring. One of them is the QB. He’s pure hotness.” Cora fanned her face. “I’m talking about leather jacket, a Harley, sexy eyes. He doesn’t say much, but he’s a chick magnet. If I wasn’t crushing on someone else, I’d go for him in a big, big… Oh, there they are.”

I followed the direction of her gaze. Eirik stood at the end of the hallway with Torin, Andris, Ingrid, and a gorgeous dark-haired girl in a trendy dark gray sweater dress, matching tights, and black knee-length boots. From the way her arm was linked with Ingrid and Andris, I’d say she was a Valkyrie. Her hair was held back in a high ponytail like a dancer. When she kissed Andris on the cheek and reached for Torin’s arm, I wanted to march over there and yank her arm away.


***


“Who’s that?” I whispered.

“Lavania something-or-other. A long foreign name,” Cora explained. “She’s gorgeous, funny, and guys bend over backwards to please her. Makes you want to hate her, but you can’t. No one can.” Cora sighed.

“Why not?”

“She’s super nice and sweet.”

So that was my trainer? What was her relationship with Torin? I hated her already. Hated the way she leaned against Torin’s arm. Hated that she could touch him while I couldn’t. It hurt to see him with someone else.

As though he felt my eyes on him, Torin turned his head, looked over his shoulder, and met my gaze. I held my breath. Waited to see what he’d do. He cocked his brow.

My face warm, I focused on Cora. If she’d noticed the look we shared, she didn’t say anything. Thank goodness her memories of the Valkyries were wiped too or she’d remember how Torin often stared at me.

“So, who’s your secret crush, Cora Jemison?”

“Uh, there’s a reason it’s called a secret, nosey. Back to Lavania. She’s invites us to their house every time our paths cross, but Eirik always says we have plans. I have a feeling he doesn’t like her.”

From Cora’s voice, she loved it. I wondered if she and Eirik had hooked up while I was gone. I hoped so. They would be great together. We stopped by the door of my math classroom. Torin still watched us. Lavania followed his gaze, smiled, and waved. Cora waved back. Eirik’s back was to us, but he, too, turned to see what the others were looking at.

He grinned. I frowned when the girl, Lavania, did something strange. She tilted her head toward Eirik. In a different setting, I’d say she’d just bowed. Or maybe it was my imagination.



AUTHOR BIO

EDNAH WALTERS grew up reading Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys and dreaming of one day writing her own stories. She is a stay-at-home mother of five humans and two American short-hair cats (one of which has ADHD) and a husband. When she is not writing, she’s at the gym doing Zumba or doing things with her family, reading, traveling or online chatting with fans.


Ednah is the author of The Guardian Legacy series, a YA fantasy series about children of the fallen angels, who fight demons and protect mankind. AWAKENED, the prequel was released by Pill Hill Press in September 2010 with rave reviews. BETRAYED, book one in the series was released by her new publisher Spencer Hill Press in June 2012 and HUNTED, the third installment, will be released April 2013. She’s working on the next book in the series, FORGOTTEN. Visit her at www.ednahwalters.com


Ednah also writes YA paranormal romance. RUNES is the first book in her new series. IMMORTALS is book 2. She is presently working on book 3, GRIMNIRS (Release date TBA). Read more about this series and the world she's created here www.runestheseries.com


Under the pseudonym E. B. Walters, Ednah writes contemporary romance. SLOW BURN, the first contemporary romance with suspense, was released in April 2011. It is the first book in the Fitzgerald family series. Since then she has published four more books in this series. She's presently working on book six. You can visit her online at or www.ebwalters.com.




AUTHOR LINKS

Facebook

Twitter

Website

Amazon Author

Goodreads

B&N Author

Smashwords

Kobo


BOOK LINKS

Pre-Order Amazon Paperback

Goodreads



5 comments:

Tyler H. Jolley said...

Congrats on book 2 Ednah! It sounds awesome!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Tyler. I'm thrilled about it and hope it helps highlight my first love-the Guardian Legacy series

Unknown said...

Dorothy, thank you for featuring my new release. Owe you one, chica

Dorothy Dreyer said...

You're totally welcome, Ednah! :)

Unknown said...

This series looks stellar, and I love your book trailer!