Wednesday 13 February 2013

Interview with Xunaira Javed

Today we're talking with author Xunaira Javed about her novel, THE CURSED CITY.

Welcome, Xunaira! Tell us a bit about yourself.

I was born in Islamabad, Pakistan and have spent all 22-years here in this city. My peace-loving nature keeps me stuck here. Moreover, apart from being a writer I simply love programming and because of that, I am pursuing the field of Mobile Computing. Being around siblings takes its toll but I believe I’m gifted to have such a loving family.

How long have you been writing?

About six months now.

Tell us about THE CURSED CITY. What’s the story about?

The Cursed City is a story about a ten year old kid who has been ridiculed since his birth to have brought the cursed to the city of Sweetbriar. It is a story about his adventure as to how he strives hard to lift the curse.

How did the idea of the story come to you?

Well, I was going through old scenery and the idea just came to me out of nowhere.

Do you have a critique group/partner or beta readers, or do you self-edit?

I self edit as I do not belong to beta readers.

Are you a plotter or a pantser?

I am a plotter through and through.

What’s the hardest part of writing for you?

When I have to end a particular story whose characters are like life to me. I regret saying goodbye to them.

What do you absolutely have to have nearby when writing?

Music, music and music.

If you could have any super power, what would it be?

I wish I could fly as I wouldn't have to travel.

What's the weirdest thing you've googled?

When I don't understand a particular term and am too shy to ask anyone for it.

Quick writing test! Use the following words in a sentence: petroleum, clingy, and striped.

He wore a striped white shirt, which was clingy as it was stuck to his body due to being wet and the badge on his chest showed that he belonged to the petroleum sector.

Finish this sentence: If I'm not writing, I'm probably ...

Thinking

Here’s the part where you thank the people who are supporting you. Let's hear your shout outs.

I would like to thank my parents and my friends, especially a very close friend of mine who has to listen to my stupidities and whining while writing, HATS OFF TO YOU GUYS

And finally, where can people find you and your book online?

I am quite available on my twitter at http://twitter.com/Xunaira_Javed and my book is available on Amazon at this address: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009OLL6UO

No comments: