Monday 25 February 2013

Special Announcement!


We Do Write has a fun announcement to make. Back in the summer of 2010, I interviewed a writer named Elizabeth Holloway. Since that time, lots has changed. Beth and I became critique partners. We were there for each other when I landed my publishing deal and she landed her agent. Now, I’ve invited Beth to co-author the blog, and she’s graciously accepted! I’m so happy to have her join me in this project, and I just know she’s got great things to escalate the value of the site.

And now, let’s hear an intro from Beth. :)
Thank you, Dorothy, for your kind words and for your seriously awesome offer! 
I have to admit, when Dorothy asked me for that first interview, way back when, I was so tickled. Someone liked my concept so much they wanted to interview me? Me? What? I felt like a real writer, like maybe I had something. Then I learned how very, VERY far I still needed to come. Fast forward two and a half years and I can safely say we have both come a long way.
Dorothy's novel, My Sister's Reaper, a story I am proud to say I had my greedy little hands on from the beginning (yes, you should be jealous), is soon to be published! And I was fortunate enough to find an awesome agent who works tirelessly to get my novel, Call Me Grim, out into the world.
It only makes sense for me to take this next, slightly terrifying, step in my journey (blogging) right here on We Do Write. I can't wait to get started!

4 comments:

Natalie Aguirre said...

Congrats to you both on being blog partners. I'm Casey McCormick's blog partner at Literary Rambles and I love being her partner. We work so well together. Good luck partnering together.

Dorothy Dreyer said...

Thanks, Natalie!

Carrie Butler said...

Congratulations! :)

Elizabeth Holloway said...

Thanks for the well wishes!